Following our mission to support the communities where we live and work, ADP is committed to making meaningful contributions to leading charitable organizations. In particular, our global offices and teams have found unique ways to contribute to their local communities. We’d like to highlight some of these initiatives.
At ADP Netherlands, we’re always looking for ways to help our community. We actively support charities and encourage individual, associate-driven philanthropy through various initiatives and programs.
Donate a Day
Donate a Day was developed by ADP Netherlands in cooperation with UNICEF in 2016 in response to the 93 million vacation days that go unused annually. This initiative encourages employers to allow employees to donate the value of a vacation day to a cause of their choice.
With only one donated day, UNICEF can provide eleven children clean drinking water for a year, save two children from malnutrition, or provide 140 vaccines. In 2018, ADP Netherlands raised $165,000 in partnership with four of our clients for UNICEF.
Other examples of our 2018 initiatives included:
- Making new parent kits for struggling parents with Stichting Babyspullen, and organizing a fundraiser for baby garments to amplify our impact.
ADP India has a comprehensive CSR program called Tarang (a wave). With the motto of working “Together for a Better Tomorrow,” Tarang aims to create a wave of positive change in society. We believe that our communities will develop by empowering women, and providing quality education and employment skills to children.
In 2018 approximately 5,600 associates spent more than 6,500 hours helping more than 45,000 individuals and supporting 19 different charity organizations. Our efforts involved:
- Helping students through our Making an Impactful Difference at School program, which gained ADP recognition as the Best Company for Educational Initiatives in 2018 by Hyderabad Software Enterprises Association.
- Installing two safe water ATMs in Hyderabad, benefitting around 8,000 people.
- Hosting a blood donation drive, where 93 associates gave enough blood to save 279 lives.
- Sponsoring “Jog for a Cause” to fundraise for the United Way health charity.
- Rebuilding orphanages in the state of Kerala, which was hit with its deadliest flood in almost a century, helping over 400 children rebuild their lives.
- Our Jeevika initiative provides financial independence to women from some of the most impoverished communities of Hyderabad and Pune by offering training in vocational skills such as stitching, sewing and henna art. Over the last year, approximately 140 women have been trained at these centers.
Throughout the year, our team in Spain worked hard to assist those in need through volunteering and fundraisers. For example, we helped by:
- Hosting multiple fundraisers for the Spanish Association Against Cancer, raising almost $2,500. Our Games Against Cancer event was recognized as the “Best Social Presence” action in 2018.
- Teaming up with Red Cross for our Win as One charity event, where we invited all our associates to prepare and donate 150 necessity packs for at-risk children and families.
- Supporting 50 employees in planting 54 trees, setting up a specialized irrigation system and installing 20 shelters for bats in a nature reserve as part of our Carbon Emission Offset project.
Our efforts in Canada supported diversity and inclusion, with programs designed for all people in the community. In 2018, we upheld this mission by:
- Supporting Chez Doris, a day shelter that provides refuge for women.
- Organizing and hosting a fundraiser for Youth Without Shelter’s breakfast program, which gave students the nutrients they need to thrive.
- Volunteering at Moisson Montreal, a charitable organization that provides food donations to those in need.
- Giving lessons, instruction and mentorship to local students in May and June through Junior Achievement, the largest youth business education organization in the country.
- Supporting Fondation du Dr. Julien, a foundation dedicated to ensuring vulnerable children have access to social pediatric care, which improves their health and helps them develop their full potential.
Our charitable efforts in France focused on empowering people, now and into the future. Through volunteering and donations, we fostered an inclusive workforce internally and externally, prepared the next generation of workers, and helped our vulnerable populations. We accomplished this by:
- Hosting a charity race across France that raised $36,000 for children battling cancer.
- Organizing and hosting an “Olympic Games” fundraiser for multiple organizations that help France’s youth.
- Connecting impoverished students with more than 30 working mentors through our Youth Program Challenge.
- Hosting a charity sale to raise funds for Children of Mekong, an organization focused on helping the children of Southeast Asia.
From donations to blood drives, our Czech offices work hard to elevate their communities. In 2018, our major philanthropic efforts included:
- Donating time and money to the House of Three Wishes, a local organization that supports children in need.
- Hosting a charity run for both Svetluska, a blind community, and TeriBear, an organization helping disadvantaged children.
- Organizing a biannual blood drive through local hospitals, so our associates could donate from the office.
- Collecting meal vouchers for Open Heart, an organization dedicated to supporting mothers in need.
In 2018 at ADP GBR, we organized 63 events, had 153 associates volunteer 894 hours, and donated over $45,000 to charities. We were recognized for our efforts, receiving the Business Contribution to the Community Award for 2018, given by the Runnymede Council. Our time was spent:
- Volunteering to help children with disabilities and their families at the White Lodge Center.
- Promoting our “Move in May” event to fundraise for children fighting cancer.
- Raising awareness and funds for the homeless.
- Helping maintain the grounds at St. Peter’s Hospital and the National Trust.
At ADP Tunisia, we work hard to help those less fortunate or in difficult situations by providing critical resources. From students in school to hospital patients, we helped others in 2018 by:
- Providing blackboards to schools in disadvantaged regions.
- Organizing and hosting a Blood Donation Day, where 30 of our associates stepped up and donated.
- Organizing a food collection for Ramadan Basket, a charity that supports vulnerable families during the holy month of Ramadan, enabling us to feed 42 families for a month.
- Collecting warm clothes and blankets during our Warm Winter Action, allowing us to provide winter appropriate attire to 21 families.
Our associates in Italy made great strides in creating a more diverse and inclusive community. In 2018, we engaged by:
- Supporting iWIN (International Women’s Inclusion Network) initiatives to improve female inclusion and empowerment at ADP.
- Volunteering and fundraising for the World Food Programme.
Our philanthropic efforts in China focused on the medical issues afflicting our most vulnerable populations. Our 2018 initiatives included:
- Hosting the Charity Night Bike Ride, a fundraiser for children with congenital heart disease.
- Sponsoring associates across five teams in biking 8 km to raise funds for the Shanghai Baby’s Home, a charity that provides orphans with needed surgical care.
- Celebrating Earth Day by promoting recycling in and around our offices.
Our corporate social responsibility efforts in Brazil included:
- 625 lbs of food donated during the FIFA World Cup to Grandma & Grandpa Nursing Home.
- Sponsored #Girls for IT through Junior Achievement Brazil, introducing girls aged 17–22 to information technology.
In the Philippines, ADP’s 2018 initiatives were focused on education:
- Over 800 associates participated in Rise Against Hunger, providing students with meals.
- Donated 600+ back packs and school supplies, 65 pairs of school shoes and sponsored 10 college students.