SDG 11: Sustainable cities and communities
We are proud of our efforts to reduce our environmental footprint, ensure everyone is respected and valued, and encourage new behaviors that benefit the individual and their community.
11.2 Safe, accessible, sustainable transportation
Revised air travel policy
- Early in 2020, we introduced our revised air travel policy. The policy covers specific actions travelers can take to minimize their footprint as well as partnered airlines that utilize fuel efficient fleets.
11.4 Safeguarding the world’s cultures and heritages
Cultural business resource groups
- We are proud of our extensive selection of business resource groups. While there are many types, we have multiple BRGs built around different cultures from around the world. These BRGs help bridge cultural gaps, promote each culture individually, and provides a safe space for its participants.
11.6 Reduce environmental impacts per capita
Sustainable cafeteria utensils
- Wherever possible, our cafeterias replaced traditional plastic cutlery and utensils with biodegradable alternatives that get composted after use, instead of heading to a landfill.
- We have removed all Styrofoam cups and containers and replaced them with reusable or biodegradable alternatives.
SDG 5: Gender equality
At ADP, we believe diversity and inclusion programs are crucial resources for the company, not requirements on a checklist. To attract talented and diverse individuals, we extend our gender equality efforts to transgendered individuals and gender-non-conforming persons, instead of focusing on the traditional male-female paradigm that’s currently present in the SDG verbiage. This is not only the moral thing to do, it’s good for our business.
5.1 End all forms of discrimination against marginalized genders
Patterns of unconscious bias training
- Our recruiters are trained and equipped to uncover their individual unconscious biases during the hiring process. By understanding diversity and inclusion best-practices as well as utilizing appropriate tools, unconscious bias can be diminished in hiring procedures.
5.4 Recognize and value unpaid domestic work
Parental leave policies
- We provide more time off for new parents than the industry average, offered to fathers and mothers. We believe it is crucial to the longevity of our associates’ tenure to support new parents as much as possible.
- At certain locations, we provide onsite childcare for our associates.
5.5 Equal opportunities for leadership positions
Promoting multicultural women
- We are especially proud of our programs that help us recruit, retain, and advance multicultural women. We do this through multiple BRGs and other initiatives.
Women in sales leadership BRG
- A business resource group dedicated to fostering women as leaders in sales positions
Women in executive leadership BRG
- Another business resource group dedicated to fostering women as leaders in executive positions
5.6 Universal sexual and reproductive health access
Health insurance packages
- Our comprehensive health insurance package includes fertility management and eligible employees can select a medical plan that provides services for medically necessary, transition-related care.
Parental leave policies
- We provide our associates with competitive parental leave times.
5.A Reforms for economic equality
- Through insightful data analytics, ADP tracks hiring and advancement trends across associate demographics, creating programs to improve metrics.
5.B Enable and promote empowerment through I.T.
Pay equity storyboard
- A virtual tool we designed to uncover inequitable payment for the same job
- Our women in technology BRG, providing training and guidance to women seeking to advance their career in technology
Advancing women in S.T.E.M.
- With women being under-represented in STEM fields, we launched numerous initiatives and programs to encourage and provide opportunities for women looking to enter the field
5.C Enforceable legislation for gender equality
- ADP has a zero tolerance policy for harassment