Philanthropy and Volunteering
Through our technology expertise, volunteerism, charitable giving, and a growing commitment to diverse suppliers, ADP is committed to giving back to communities where we live, work and conduct business.
The ADP Foundation is the center of our corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives. It magnifies the impact of associate giving to causes that align with our values and CSR focus areas.
Services provided by the Foundation include:
- Oversight of ADP Cares, our global associate hardship fund
- Donation processing and matching program
- Review/approval of grant requests from charitable organizations
- Determination of eligible charitable organizations and volunteer options
- Fundraising for eligible charitable organizations
ADP’s myGiving online tool allows associates to donate to their choice of thousands of charitable organizations. ADP associates in the U.S. can also participate in our Matching Gift Program, in which donations to eligible nonprofit organizations are matched up to $5,000 per associate per calendar year. Executive Committee members and our Board of Directors are eligible to up to a $20,000 match, while executive level leaders are matched up to $10,000 for their donations. In 2021, associate donations, including matches, totaled $9 million, which represents a 14 percent increase over 2019.
ADP is committed to extending the shared values that diverse suppliers bring to our business. We understand that creating partnerships with diverse suppliers is not only the right thing to do; it gives us a powerful business advantage.
The primary goal of ADPs Supplier Diversity Program is to proactively identify, build relationships with and purchase goods and services from minority, women, veteran-owned and other qualified diverse enterprises. We strive to partner with businesses that reflect the local and global markets we serve, while obtaining the highest level of quality goods and services for our clients.
Our Supplier Diversity Program supports:
- Woman-owned business enterprises
- Minority-owned business enterprises
- Veteran-owned business enterprises
- Disabled-owned business enterprises
- LGBTQ+-owned business enterprises
- Small disadvantaged business enterprises
- Small business enterprises
ADP’s Supplier Diversity Program continues to grow with proven success. Our FY 2021 achievements include:
- Overall FY 2021 total: $367.2M
- Diverse spend increased 9% since FY2019
- 16% of overall procurement spend with diverse suppliers
- 45% or $11.3M increase in spend with Hispanic American owned businesses
- $3.1M in savings attributed to using diverse suppliers
- FY 2019
- FY 2020
- FY 2021
- Tier 1 — direct spend with diverse suppliers
- Tier 2 — indirect spend with diverse suppliers
Many small businesses are diverse businesses—some of which are our clients. Supplier mentorship at ADP features one-on-one work, group discussions and summits to help new and existing suppliers improve their business acumen, especially with large corporations.
We are pleased with the progress we’ve made and want to keep moving the needle. Current initiatives include:
- Increasing Minority, Veteran and LGBTQ+ spend by finding opportunities with ADP business stakeholders
- Training and mentorship for new and existing suppliers
- Partnering with local, regional and national organizations that support supplier diversity
To help ensure that our bidding opportunities reach eligible diverse business enterprises, ADP works in conjunction with the following organizations and councils:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- Disability: IN
Covid Impact—How ADP Helped
- ADP offered expedited payment methods to our diverse suppliers during the pandemic
- Wellness checks on diverse suppliers
- Sharing information about ADP diverse suppliers internally and externally, sharing the success stories of diverse suppliers as it relates to a supplier diversity win, use of diverse supplier list/dashboards to source new engagements
Understanding, supporting and partnering with the diverse communities and markets we serve is fundamental to our Corporate Social Responsibility mission. With these efforts and partnerships we drive both ADP’s brand image through the solutions we provide, as well as build strategic partnerships to investigate and harness new opportunities. In addition, we are committed to creating a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve and that our increasingly diverse clientele can identify with.